Friday, December 10, 2010

Barely Sane

I live in something of a mad house.  Mostly because kids outnumber grown folk; also because only one of the grown folk is a woman which means that even they only make sense half the time ;)  I'm joking, kinda.  There are way too many things that happen in this house that make perfect sense to its other occupants but leave me clueless.  For instance it makes complete sense to all the males in my house to wash your face with hand soap then dry it on a hand towel.  Even if said hand towel is cream and you've been eating spaghetti.  Also it makes sense to everyone in my house that is under the age of 10 but over the age of one to put random items into your mouth.  Things like pennies and space ranger fingers are basically snacks 'round these parts.  To date, the most disturbing thing that I have to deal with here with this confusing clan of mine is the nakedness.  It is not uncommon, at any random point in the day, to walk into a room in my home and catch a glimpse of somebody's bare bum.  They may be getting their diaper changed, which is understandable.  They may have just taken a shower, I get that too.  But how do you realize (after being awake for 3-4 hours) that your underwear is not only backwards but inside out?  No answer?  Ok well try this one, how do you lose your diaper?  Or the best one yet, how do you just completely forget underwear?  See what I mean, this place is a mad house. I fear I'm getting weirder by the day.  Most moms check on their kids to make sure that they are sleeping soundly.  I'm checking to make sure that no one is naked!  Seriously, last week I came home from bible study and everyone was asleep in their rooms.  I turned the light on to check on DaeDae (who was "upset because it's later" whatever that means), glanced over at Ladybug and she was naked from the waste down!  Maybe I'll understand, one day.  

2 comments:

  1. Ok well try this one, how do you lose your diaper? <<<This literally had me laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think I can offer a solution here: darker hand towels :) Love you

    ReplyDelete