Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Make love, not war.

*You may have noticed by now that I make writing errors.  I know it, I apologize but it can't be fixed.  It's because I over edit.  I usually cut, copy and paste from like four different documents.  Then I nit pick and change tenses, find better ways to say the nothings that need to be said until I'm driving myself crazy then I just hit post.  Almost always something is left behind and becomes an error.  Oh and I basically AM a comma splice.  Whew, this blogging stuff is a lot more pressure than a simple facebook status ya know ;)

Now for my dose of random, not important thoughts. . .

    Remember how I said that theDav and I were incompatible?  Well that's the truth.  He likes veggies and I like junk.  He like to be hot, I like to be comfortably warm.  He likes to be a blanket mummy when he sleeps while I have to have my face, arms and at least one leg uncovered.  See what I mean?  Need more evidence?  Okay, I LOVE singing extremely loudly (and I'd like to think full of passion and emotion) while driving, in whatever key that comes out.  I can think of no better way to spend a road trip.  Now you know I why I always show up hoarse, lol.  But theDav, on the other hand, will actually restart a song to make sure that he matches the harmony, pitch, etc. perfectly!  Whaaaat?  Now that sounds karayzee to me.  Another, more important way, that we are different is the way we handle conflict.  Like most women I like to talk but sadly my husband likes to shut down.
    It may be shocking to some (not the some that actually know us) but sometimes we argue!  We recently made up after a four day long disagreement.  Now this in and of itself is not shocking news.  The shocker is that admittedly, I lost.  I didn't loose because my points were invalid or because he argued his point more eloquently than I.  This is after all about real events.  I lost because my husband was the first to remember something that we both had forgotten.  That when married people fight no matter who wins, they both lose.  On the car ride home from church theDav reminded me that we were both sinners saved by the grace of God and that our only hope at making it through this life together is found in the cross of Christ.  I was convicted and the fight was over.  It was pretty awesome to see.  It made me grateful that even after all the drama of our past the Lord had redeemed my husband and is working in him.  It also made theDav even cuter which, trust me, is very difficult to do.  More importantly though it reminded me that sin ruins ev er y thing (Kat Williams voice).  In a nutshell, Jesus didn't say "blessed are the peacemakers" for nothing, that junk is hard!    

1 comment:

  1. I love that you let a brotha mummy up in the covers. It's like our little thing. Holla

    ReplyDelete