Friday, December 24, 2010

Timing is everything.

    Since the weather began to change four months ago, the members of my household have been playing a mean game of "pass the illness."  TheDav has been the MVP.  But everybody has put some points on the board at one time or another; everybody but me that is.  I have been the only one on the team to manage to stay healthy.  Basically my immune system rocks.  I like to think of it as William Wallace and pathogens are trying to take its freedom.  It has fought off attack after attack from my germ loving family and won.  Until the week before Christmas.  The first day that I woke up with a sore throat I thought "really immune system, really?"  To my body's credit it did fight hard against this but, alas this bug proved too strong and here I sit, sick, on Christmas Eve.  This really sucks for tons of reasons, the main one being that I have no energy.  Three (or two for accuracy's sake) kids excited about Christmas but no energy.  Boatloads of cookies to be made but no energy.  Toys to be assembled but no energy.  You catch my drift?  So if you see a red nosed lady dragging her feet, reeking of cough drops pretending to be merry and bright for the three kids with her, come on up and say "hey" but if you ask me to ride your sleigh, you might take an elbow to the ribs.  #iaintnokillabutdontpushme 

No comments:

Post a Comment